Monday, December 8, 2008

Evan's new Adventure

For those of you who don't know already Evan has taken up Tykwondo. The idea is to help give Evan a little more discipline, and hopefully keep him busy. Since I am the one who has to take Evan everywhere I go, to give mommy a break from her first born son, I get to take him every Saturday to Tykwondo. The first day I took Evan I was afraid he would have a tough time learning and paying attention to the instructors. I was wrong, since he has began Evan has done great. I have noticed that he doesn't mix up his left and right as much, and I may be wrong, but I think he is doing somewhat better in school too.
The Other day I was able to work the morning shift so I could have Friday evening off. We all went to see Evan participate in his first Belt advancement. I knew this would be a big deal for Evan so I was ready to call in sick if I had to. Evan was pretty excited, he kept asking if it was time to go to. Evan had quite the crowd to see him show off his newly acquired skills. He did great he remembered all his blocks, punches, steps, and kicks. The best part of the whole night was Evan demonstrated to everyone that he can break a board, and he broke it the first try. So now Evan is not just a white belt anymore, he is a yellow stripe.



CONGRATULATIONS EVAN!!


Evans New pads.
Luke trying out Evans Pads!





Evan and Master Thackery



Evan breaking his board.


Evan getting his yellow stripe.






No comments: