In a way I think I jinxed myself, the other day one of my co-workers was telling me how his little baby girl had a little fall. She was crawling on the car sear and it rolled forward and she fell off. Being their first child any fall is a big one. I teased him telling him stories of our first two kids and how with Jordyn we pan iced every time something happened, and how with Evan we relaxed because even to this day he always has a new bump or scrape of some sort. Now lukie has been quite the dare devil in many ways, but has yet to have any big falls. Climbing the couch, standing on the edge of our bed, standing on any chair he can get on. Stef even told me one night she found Luke sitting Indian style on the dinning table eating some apple slices he hadn't finished earlier. So I told my co-worker what Dr. Jones told us when Jordyn took her first spill, "Kids are built to fall and be OK". Well no more than two days later on new years morning stef and I are trying to sleep in and we hear Luke just as we do every morning. MAMA!, but this time we hear a THUNK! followed by severe crying. I jumped out of bed (stef didn't know I could fly) and saw Luke laying on the floor outside his crib. (luckily he didn't land on any of his toys, since chrism as is all over his and Evans room.) I pick him up try to calm him down, but he continues to scream. I give him his Binky and lay him in our bed and he appears pale and his eyes begin to flutter as he looks like he is gonna fall asleep. Stef calls 911 and I try and keep him from falling asleep. I touch near his neck and collar bone and he scree ms. At this point we are both freaking out. I try to see if he will stand up on his own when I notice his left arm looks limp. I lift his arm up in the air and let go and it falls to his side limp with no resistance. Within five minutes 3 Clovis PD officers show up to the house followed by three Clovis Fire Fighters, then the Paramedics show up. At this point the officers have taken turns looking at the kids room and our house that is still undergoing Christmas cleanup. A very young and cocky paramedic feels up and down Luke's extremities and tells me he's fine and that we basically are over reacting. So he basically told us the would take us to the hospital if we wanted them to, but he felt it was unnecessary. (Clovis PD still hanging out listening to everything going on.)
We didn't go for the ride, and we hung out in the living room as we let Luke calm down. We knew he was OK when he began fighting with Evan over his bouncy chair. We were still worried given the symptoms that went unanswered, so today we took Luke in to see his pediatrician and she gave Luke a clean bill of health, or she said no broken bones.
So now Luke has a new bed to sleep in, and no more crib.
We didn't go for the ride, and we hung out in the living room as we let Luke calm down. We knew he was OK when he began fighting with Evan over his bouncy chair. We were still worried given the symptoms that went unanswered, so today we took Luke in to see his pediatrician and she gave Luke a clean bill of health, or she said no broken bones.
So now Luke has a new bed to sleep in, and no more crib.

Luke asleep in his new bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment